Sunday, October 21, 2007

Updating with our Life

Well... Things are going well in the Veldman House right now. We are FINALLY getting in the swing of things with our dear boy Rosco. He's doing excellent!

For the most part he's potty trained, minus a visit to the grandparents today and he had an accident when we first got there... partial my fault because I didn't have him go before he went inside. He found Mac's bed to be quite the spot to go on. (Sorry again!)

He's doing much better with all the little nipping he had been doing before, since he's a herding breed he's more prone to do this... they call dogs that are bred for a certain job and do not end up doing the job "Un-employed" HA! So right now he's doing better out of the herding job market.

He's got quite the personality. He loves both Todd and I and gives LOTS of kisses. Rosco and I do a lot of hanging out though. We do morning and late afternoon walks together, we eat breakfast together, we play together, I talk to him a lot, plus I'm his handler in puppy class. Which for those of you who were wondering about how class is going... I think he's is an Agility Master ALREADY! He absolutely loves the tunnel and all the bridges that they have him climb... plus he already knows what to do. He's awesome at sitting, walking on a leash, coming when called, and we even stunned a few when we rolled over. He's a quick learner!

He's getting huge! I'm thinking maybe 18lbs now...

Coming from someone who has never had a dog, I never quite knew what the hype was when people said it was part of the family or the saying "Man's best friend". I now understand it COMPLETELY. I'm not sure what I would do without him, if anything ever happened. I would be a mess. He's definitely part of our family now and I love him more and more everyday!

Todd is doing well with his job, he's impressing them everyday on how smart he is. They just did reviews and he got an awesome one! So that was nice!

My Lifetime job is going well. There is alot of stuff in my mind and heart that are changing, which definitley need prayer on, but for now it works. Photography is going very well, and I'm hoping to get some more weddings booked for next yr. We are working on our whole approach and hopefully it's working somewhat. Todd is helping a TON! He's the best husband ever!

Our house is coming along great. I should post photos of our front room because we've been remodeling it for the last 4 months. (Getting a puppy puts things on hold for a bit) For the most part it's done, but a little here and there and we need some decor on the walls and stuff, but that's coming. Our next project is our bedroom! YES! I love a good ol' remodel of a room... it's like new and fresh and makes it fun to walk into something old and get a whole new and different feel. I LOVE it!

But everything is going well with us! I'll be blogging the next couple days with more photo stuff we have been doing. :) Just wanted to give a good update with Todd and I and Rosco!

These photos just show how cute our little guy is, and how I gave up on trying to take him to the groomers because I took him again and 1. they did a terrible job and he had to be there for almost 2hrs in a crate waiting for his turn, and 2. right after he comes home he gets soo dirty right away! I caved in and got him a treat if he did good in the bath... he was pretty good, a little fiesty, but I'm a sucker for his cute face!




No comments: